Basic Guidelines For English SpellingsREAD THESE ARTICLES
The resting phase between successive mitotic divisions of a cell, or between the first and second divisions of meiosis.
- ‘Radiobiologists often distinguish between radiation-induced cell death with regard to the ability to enter mitosis, i.e. interphase or mitotic cell death.’
- ‘Two pairs of loci were observed in each somatic cell at metaphase and interphase.’
- ‘In animal cells during mitosis and interphase, microtubule growth occurs at plus ends, and microtubule assembly is dominated by plus-end dynamic instability.’
- ‘In the non-dividing phase of a eukaryotic cell's life cycle, known as interphase, the chromosomes are uncoiled.’
- ‘The chromosomes remain condensed during mitosis and even during interphase, though they do unwind for replication of the DNA.’
Are You Learning English? Here Are Our Top English Tips