Basic Guidelines For English SpellingsREAD THESE ARTICLES
Any of a group of disinfectants containing iodine in combination with a surfactant.
- ‘The physical action of washing hands under such circumstances is recommended because alcohols, chlorhexidine, iodophors, and other antiseptic agents have poor activity against spores.’
- ‘The surgeons standardized their surgical skin prep to the one-step iodophor / alcohol water insoluble film method without the iodine impregnated incise drape.’
- ‘This reflects changes in food habits, reduction of iodised salt intake, changes in food technology, phasing out of iodophors s disinfectants in milk.’
- ‘The antimicrobial effect of iodophors occurs by cell wall penetration and oxidation with the substitution of iodine for cell contents.’
- ‘They found this procedure to be as effective in reducing bacterial growth on the hands as a standard two-brush method using an iodophor.’
Are You Learning English? Here Are Our Top English Tips