Basic Guidelines For English SpellingsREAD THESE ARTICLES
A quantity representing the strength of the electric field in a solution, equal to the sum of the molalities of each type of ion present multiplied by the square of their charges.
- ‘High ionic strength chloride solutions are useful in many geological, environmental and industrial processes.’
- ‘Sodium chloride solutions having ionic strengths of 14.5 mM - 145 mM were prepared using distilled water, with sorbitol added as appropriate to maintain isotonicity.’
- ‘Adjusting the ionic strength of the surrounding solution and adding volume-excluding polymers provides additional control.’
- ‘Thus, there is a good convergence in the general structure of the DNA irrespective of the ionic strength, and of the initial placement of ions.’
- ‘We have also investigated the effect of the ionic strength on the supramolecular structures that are formed by these lipids.’
Are You Learning English? Here Are Our Top English Tips