Basic Guidelines For English SpellingsREAD THESE ARTICLES
A technique of introducing ionic medicinal compounds into the body through the skin by applying a local electric current.
- ‘Magnetic insoles have no demonstrated benefit, nor does therapeutic ultrasonography, laser therapy, iontophoresis, or electron-generating devices.’
- ‘Other delivery vehicles for topical anesthesia currently in development, including iontophoresis and anesthetic patches, may one day give patients and physicians even more flexibility.’
- ‘If symptoms are not relieved, physical therapy that includes ultrasonography, massage, and iontophoresis should be considered.’
- ‘A process called iontophoresis applies electricity to the affected area.’
- ‘During sweat stimulation, a variety of chemicals are used at the negative electrode to complete the circuit during iontophoresis.’
Early 20th century from ion, on the pattern of electrophoresis.
Are You Learning English? Here Are Our Top English Tips