Basic Guidelines For English SpellingsREAD THESE ARTICLES
A curved chain of volcanic islands located at a tectonic plate margin, typically with a deep ocean trench on the convex side.
- ‘The basalt-chert succession points more probably to an island arc developed on oceanic crust.’
- ‘One model predicts tectonic wedging of the Solomon island arc beneath the Ontong Java plateau.’
- ‘These units originated as an oceanic plateau possibly formed atop an island arc before being accreted onto the Cordilleran orogen.’
- ‘This may reflect that there has been some influx of material from a juvenile island arc.’
- ‘The source for the conglomerate clasts was probably an island arc that was uplifted in the Early Devonian.’
Are You Learning English? Here Are Our Top English Tips