Basic Guidelines For English SpellingsREAD THESE ARTICLES
(of a chromatographic method) involving a mobile phase whose composition is kept constant and uniform.
- ‘Nitrate analysis was performed with an isocratic high-performance liquid chromatography method with UV-detection.’
- ‘Because isocratic elution with the varied composition of the mobile phase gave unsatisfactory results, the gradient elution was applied.’
- ‘The proteins were eluted by applying an isocratic flow of 40 ml buffer A followed by a linear gradient of 50% buffer B in 60 min.’
- ‘California poppy extracts were separated using an isocratic gradient of methanol.’
- ‘The upper-left chromatogram shows the separation of a mixture of 16 amino acids using isocratic conditions.’
Early 19th century from Greek isokratia ‘equality of power’ (from isos ‘equal’ + kratos ‘strength’) + -ic.
Are You Learning English? Here Are Our Top English Tips