Basic Guidelines For English SpellingsREAD THESE ARTICLES
A crustacean of the order Isopoda, such as a woodlouse.
- ‘Studies of fouled arthropods include horseshoe crabs, isopods, stomatopods, lobsters, and true crabs.’
- ‘The precopulatory mate guarding of amphipods and isopods is another example of mating effort by males.’
- ‘As we watched, cockroaches, earwigs, isopods, and other small arthropods ran to escape the advancing waves of ants.’
- ‘The molting style of isopods provides the final problem for the interpretation of fossil isopods.’
- ‘The water in the center of the atoll is undrinkable and holds only pond weed and biting isopods (a type of small crustacean).’
Are You Learning English? Here Are Our Top English Tips