Basic Guidelines For English SpellingsREAD THESE ARTICLES
Of or denoting the alkyl radical —CH(CH₃)₂, derived from propane by removal of a hydrogen atom from the middle carbon atom.
- ‘Three glyphosate salts are currently being marketed: isopropyl amine, ammonium and di-ammonium salt.’
- ‘On the other hand, virtually no hydrolysis occurs with an isopropyl group and the return of AChE is dependent upon synthesis of a new enzyme.’
- ‘In the laboratory, however, allolactose is usually replaced by the analogous compound isopropyl thiogalactose, which is not metabolized.’
- ‘Here, expression from pQE60 is increased in the presence of isopropyl thiogalactoside.’
- ‘It has been stated that isopropyl acetate is comparable in toxicity to ethyl acetate and npropyl acetate.’
Are You Learning English? Here Are Our Top English Tips