Basic Guidelines For English SpellingsREAD THESE ARTICLES
A synthetic derivative of adrenaline, used for the relief of bronchial asthma and pulmonary emphysema.
- ‘The medication isoproterenol has both beta - 1 and beta - 2 properties.’
- ‘The rats were then treated with isoproterenol via the perfusate.’
- ‘After chloride-free superfusion and after isoproterenol, NPD response for the three groups overlapped significantly.’
- ‘The next agent of this class, isoproterenol, did not appear until 1949 and the self-contained metered-dose inhaler to deliver it was invented in 1956.’
- ‘Do not use intravenous isoproterenol in the treatment of asthma because of the danger of myocardial toxicity.’
- ‘The catheter was primed to the tip with a zero chloride solution containing isoproterenol.’
1950s from elements of the semi-systematic name N-isopropylarterenol.
Are You Learning English? Here Are Our Top English Tips