Basic Guidelines For English SpellingsREAD THESE ARTICLES
(of a composition or part) in which the rhythm is often repeated but the pitch of the notes is varied each time.
- ‘Two of the most important composers of isorhythmic motets in the 14th century were Philippe de Vitry and Machaut.’
- ‘In each of Martin's Jadmi songs, however, the isorhythmic cycle always recommences at the beginning of the melodic descent.’
- ‘The melodic counterpart of isorhythmic patterning is the use of the same melodic phrase or line, each time at a different pitch level.’
- ‘On an apparent level, this work concerns the intellectual and technical challenges of conquering isorhythmic complexities.’
- ‘The vocal part, however, does not participate in the isorhythmic organization.’
Are You Learning English? Here Are Our Top English Tips