Basic Guidelines For English SpellingsREAD THESE ARTICLES
A type of cloth used for household cleaning.
rag, dishcloth, floorcloth, wipe, sponge, duster
- ‘5 Place a colander over a large bowl and lay in a large wet piece of muslin or a clean J-cloth.’
- ‘Fortunately, Tuesday is the day my lovely French cleaner, Jean-Paul, comes in to whip round the place with a duster, some J-cloths and Fairy Liquid Power.’
- ‘I need a large supply of dusters or J-cloths to dust the books as I sort them.’
- ‘I've thought of everything - I'm in my worst clothes, I have brushes, rollers and a pole, and even some damp J-cloths ready to remove paint that strays onto the woodwork.’
- ‘If food falls on the floor it should be thrown away - it is the work surfaces which must be kept clean (and not with old J-cloths!)’
1970s J from Johnson and Johnson, the original makers.
Are You Learning English? Here Are Our Top English Tips