Basic Guidelines For English SpellingsREAD THESE ARTICLES
An offshore drilling rig the legs of which are lowered to the seabed from the operating platform.
- ‘Aminex chief executive Brian Hall said: ‘We have carefully reviewed all the drilling options for Nyuni and conclude that a jack-up rig is the most effective and appropriate option for drilling in this area.’’
- ‘The jack-up rig with its attendant work boat has been busy drilling and sampling the rock bottom of the harbour and bay while ashore a mobile drilling rig has been sampling along the breakwater.’
- ‘One option would be for exploration companies to club together to send a semi-submersible or jack-up rig to the East Coast, drilling a well in each of the four areas over the next four years at cost of $25 million each.’
- ‘The tribute came after the Court of Appeal ruled that men on jack-up oil rigs could enjoy the same tax benefits as seafarers.’
- ‘During the repair work a jack-up barge collapsed due to unforeseeable sea-bed conditions.’
Are You Learning English? Here Are Our Top English Tips