1jack something up, jack up somethingRaise something, especially a vehicle, with a jack.
raise, hoist, lift, lift up, raise aloft, haul up, winch up, lever up, heave up, hike up, hitch up, pull up, take up, upraise, uplift, elevate
- ‘jack the car up until the wheel can spin freely’
- 1.1 informal Increase something by a considerable amount.
increase, raise, put up, push up, up, mark up, make higher, boost, step up, lift, augment, inflate, escalate
- ‘France jacked up its key bank interest rate’
2 informal Inject oneself with an illegal drug.
- ‘we stepped over people jacking up in the street outside’
3Australian Give up or refuse to participate in something.
- ‘they'd just jack up and go on strike’
4jack something up, jack up somethingNew Zealand informal Arrange or organize something.
- ‘they did a national service in jacking this racing up’