Basic Guidelines For English SpellingsREAD THESE ARTICLES
A baked potato served with the skin on.
- ‘Ann had a jacket potato and baked beans with a salad garnish and coleslaw.’
- ‘I have a quick lunch at a cafe called Hamilton's (the only time I like the name) round the corner: salt beef and gherkins or a jacket potato with cheese or chilli.’
- ‘Real cheese, before we get too carried away, is the stuff that may reliably be teamed with a pickled onion or, if there's nothing more compelling in the fridge, grated onto a jacket potato.’
- ‘Having sneaked a look at my neighbour's menu when we were in the queue I selected a jacket potato with mushrooms and bacon.’
- ‘For me lunch is normally a jacket potato or some soup, and I found this meaty sandwich filling enough to keep my appetite in check for the rest of the day.’
Are You Learning English? Here Are Our Top English Tips