An autumn-flowering anemone with large pink or white flowers. It is native to China and naturalized in Japan, and several cultivars have been developed.
Anemone hupehensis variety japonica, family Ranunculaceae
- ‘Snow-white peonies come into bloom in May, and pale daylilies, white liatris, and white Japanese anemones take turns through the summer and fall.’
- ‘Further on in the season, pink Japanese anemones will colonise an area that suits them, ie. somewhere sunny but moist.’
- ‘Growing with the linaria is a pink Japanese anemone, also self-seeded or perhaps mistakenly imported with another plant.’
- ‘It is known botanically as Anemone x hybrida and, despite being called the Japanese anemone, they actually originate from China.’
- ‘The hybrid Japanese anemone is one of my favourite late-summer flowers and one we could do with more of since it produces masses of white or pink flowers with yellow centres.’
Are You Learning English? Here Are Our Top English Tips