Basic Guidelines For English SpellingsREAD THESE ARTICLES
Of or involving the jejunum and the ileum, usually with reference to a bypass operation in which they are connected.
- ‘Other conditions associated with NASH include Weber-Christian disease, extensive small bowel resection, and jejunoileal bypass.’
- ‘The jejunoileal bypass no longer is a recommended bariatric surgical procedure.’
- ‘Some doctors consider surgery for obesity to be a waste of resources, and others remember the poor results from earlier procedures such as the jejunoileal bypass.’
- ‘Regarding human cirrhosis, he cited single cases of cirrhosis due to iron storage, jejunoileal bypass, or chronic alcoholism, which apparently regressed following removal of the etiologic agents.’
- ‘Any patient undergoing a procedure involving malabsorption must be considered at risk to develop at least some of the malabsorptive complications created by jejunoileal bypass.’
Are You Learning English? Here Are Our Top English Tips