1North American A cylindrical cake with a spiral cross section, made from a flat sponge cake spread with a filling such as jam and rolled up.‘That's the chocolate log, it's a roll cake, like a jelly roll, and then you cover it with chocolate bark.’
- ‘Pack into molds or crocks, or roll like a jelly roll in a piece of plastic wrap and place a twist tie on both ends.’
- ‘Roll up as for jelly roll, starting from long end.’
- ‘Place on nonstick baking sheet with shallow sides (or jelly roll pan).’
- ‘Some of it ended up as a kind of jelly roll which I gave to my pregnant friend to take home for her moments of sweet craving.’
- ‘The next day, preheat the oven to 300 degrees and put the chicken parts on a cookie sheet or jelly roll pan.’
2US vulgar slang, dated A woman's genitals, or sex with a woman.
Are You Learning English? Here Are Our Top English Tips