Basic Guidelines For English SpellingsREAD THESE ARTICLES
A rope by which a jib is trimmed.
- ‘He must have let go the main sheet and reached over and grabbed the main halyard instead of the jib sheet and didn't even know what he'd done.’
- ‘In all conditions the jib sheet in a tack could be trimmed and cleated without the help of a winch.’
- ‘Set your weather jib sheet so that the clew of the jib falls directly over the middle of the seat.’
- ‘The jib sheet should be trimmed so that the middle batten is parallel to the centerline of the boat.’
- ‘Study how a boat's particular jib sheets are run in relation to lifelines, pulleys and winches.’
Are You Learning English? Here Are Our Top English Tips