Basic Guidelines For English SpellingsREAD THESE ARTICLES
A skilled inventor or maker of jokes.
- ‘Crane was a longtime jokesmith who wrote for all the biggies: Dean, Frank, Gleason, Abbott & Costello, even Laurel & Hardy.’
- ‘He wasn't a simple jokesmith - his comedy was often dark, observational, and personal.’
- ‘Kim is a keen amateur jokesmith.’
- ‘The jokesmith best known for making gags about his resemblance to Prince is finally attracting a larger following after more than a decade of honing his act.’
- ‘The horsemeat scandal was hardly out of the gate before thousands of amateur jokesmiths had entered the race with the professionals, jockeying to contrive the wittiest, most popular tweets about equine consumption.’
Are You Learning English? Here Are Our Top English Tips