Basic Guidelines For English SpellingsREAD THESE ARTICLES
A box that houses a journal and its bearing.
- ‘The lower part of the journal box was kept full of a mixture of oil and waste material.’
- ‘During the 30's roller bearings became common, with the noticeable round covers on journal boxes.’
- ‘When one journal box is done, reverse the cutting tool between the journal boxes and repeat the process for the other journal and reinsert wheelsets.’
- ‘The heat of friction of the oil-starved bearing and axle ignited the cotton pad inside the journal box that normally kept oil flowing to the bearing.’
- ‘Friction bearings consist of blocks of metal, usually brass, resting atop the axle and lubricated by oil-saturated wool waste enclosed in a hinged-lid journal box.’
Are You Learning English? Here Are Our Top English Tips