Basic Guidelines For English SpellingsREAD THESE ARTICLES
A ball put in play by the referee, who throws it up between two opposing players.
- ‘The ref called a jump ball but neither player let go.’
- ‘Two players go for a jump ball in the back of the end zone, both land out of bounds and the defensive back stands up with the ball.’
- ‘At the jump ball, Flynn managed to swat the ball quickly towards Lake.’
- ‘He's the one player on the roster who will grab a jump ball, which is why the team loves him in the red zone.’
- ‘In this case, no one got control of the ball so they literally call for another jump ball.’
Are You Learning English? Here Are Our Top English Tips