Basic Guidelines For English SpellingsREAD THESE ARTICLES
Each of a pair of thick electric cables fitted with clips at either end, used for recharging a battery in a motor vehicle by connecting it to the battery in another.
- ‘It is also recommended to carry a jack, jump leads, spare fuses and a torch.’
- ‘However, the engine roared into life with suitable application of jump leads to the empty space once occupied by a battery.’
- ‘And my car is usually on the receiving end of the jump leads, so I'm not sure it would be any use.’
- ‘I got into the habit of starting it up with jump leads every time I needed it.’
- ‘No problem I thought, as I grabbed the jump leads and opened the bonnets of both cars.’
Are You Learning English? Here Are Our Top English Tips