Basic Guidelines For English Spellings
1An informal social gathering at which coffee is served.‘Appearances at coffee shops and kaffeeklatsches have symbolic import, and hardworking office holders are still sometimes seen at town meeting-type events.’
- ‘I first came across this when there was a group of middle-aged women using the ultra-hip word.com bulletin boards as a kind of online kaffeeklatsch.’
- ‘It's more kaffeeklatsch among the reporters arriving at 8: 30 to claim their seats than circus.’
- ‘The first Kaffeeklatsch meeting of the spring 2008 semester is on Tuesday, February 5th.’
- 1.1Talking or gossip at an informal gathering where coffee is served.
- ‘I was talking with Allen Ginsberg over kaffeeklatsch some time in the late 80's the first time I heard the mention of Charles Plymell.’
German, from Kaffee ‘coffee’ + Klatsch ‘gossip’.
Are You Learning English? Here Are Our Top English Tips