Basic Guidelines For English SpellingsREAD THESE ARTICLES
1An informal social gathering at which coffee is served.
- ‘Appearances at coffee shops and kaffeeklatsches have symbolic import, and hardworking office holders are still sometimes seen at town meeting-type events.’
- ‘I first came across this when there was a group of middle-aged women using the ultra-hip word.com bulletin boards as a kind of online kaffeeklatsch.’
- ‘It's more kaffeeklatsch among the reporters arriving at 8: 30 to claim their seats than circus.’
- ‘The first Kaffeeklatsch meeting of the spring 2008 semester is on Tuesday, February 5th.’
- 1.1Talking or gossip at an informal gathering where coffee is served.‘I was talking with Allen Ginsberg over kaffeeklatsch some time in the late 80's the first time I heard the mention of Charles Plymell.’
German, from Kaffee ‘coffee’ + Klatsch ‘gossip’.
Are You Learning English? Here Are Our Top English Tips