An Australian plant that has long straplike leaves and tubular flowers with woolly outer surfaces.
Genera Anigozanthos and Macropidia, family Haemodoraceae: several species, in particular Mangles' kangaroo paw (A. manglesii), which is the floral emblem of Western Australia
- ‘There are a whole range of different coloured kangaroo paw in front of us, but what's the idea behind this nursery?’
- ‘In the front yard, purple hop bush and kangaroo paw reflect the rusty colors of the home.’
- ‘Agapanthus, daylilies, kangaroo paws, lemon grass and red hot pokers are in this category.’
- ‘Ornamental trees and shrubs in shades of burgundy, plum, rust, gold, and celery green are backdrops for shapely succulents, phormiums, and kangaroo paws.’
- ‘Geraldton shoppers have been treated to a wildflower extravaganza, with banksias and kangaroo paws covering the centre mall area.’