Basic Guidelines For English SpellingsREAD THESE ARTICLES
A tall Australian eucalyptus with hard red wood.
Eucalyptus diversicolor, family Myrtaceae
- ‘Just before the town of Pemberton, you'll see signs for Warren National Park and the Bicentennial Tree, one of the tallest karris in the area.’
- ‘Busselton had become a thriving port for shipments of jarrah, karri and tuart timber from the local forests.’
- ‘When I arrived back, still giddy from time spent in the presence of the karris, I found a rain-soaked letter under the door.’
- ‘The king of karris in Pemberton is the Gloucester tree in the Gloucester National Park.’
- ‘It's an ambitious project that's reconnecting the bush from the karri forests in the South West corner across to the semi-arid woodlands around Kalgoorlie.’
Late 19th century from Nyungar.
Are You Learning English? Here Are Our Top English Tips