Basic Guidelines For English SpellingsREAD THESE ARTICLES
An ornamental eastern Asian tree that has leaves that resemble those of the Judas tree and light, fine-grained timber.
Cercidiphyllum japonicum, the only member of the family Cercidiphyllaceae
- ‘At the rear of the property, a pond is formed by raised beds filled with white azaleas, a katsura tree, rhododendrons, a tree fern, a tall viburnum, and other shade-loving plants.’
- ‘For the blocks only wood from cherry, magnolia and katsura trees is used.’
- ‘At the northwest side of the Japanese garden is an immense katsura tree covered with heart-shaped leaves.’
- ‘Kaisaniemi Garden has some of the largest sycamores, Manchurian maples, American limes, cork trees, and katsuras in Finland.’
- ‘Two katsuras are located within 10 feet of each other.’
Early 20th century from Japanese.
Are You Learning English? Here Are Our Top English Tips