Basic Guidelines For English SpellingsREAD THESE ARTICLES
The resin of the kauri tree, used as a varnish, and often also found in fossilized form where the tree formerly grew.
- ‘All we ever seemed to do was camp, fish, swim, sail, row, dig for gold, collect kauri gum and go on picnics.’
- ‘Nearly all research on kauri gum eventually leads to descriptions and stories of the famous gum diggers.’
- ‘Brennan's favourite room was the kauri gum room which must have housed 10,000 pieces of kauri resin at least.’
- ‘When all the kauri gum lying on top of the ground had been collected, Maoris and Europeans began to dig up the big lumps near the surface.’
- ‘Since kauri resin is readily soluble in butyl alcohol but not in hydrocarbon solvents, the resin solution will tolerate only a certain amount of dilution.’
Are You Learning English? Here Are Our Top English Tips