Basic Guidelines For English SpellingsREAD THESE ARTICLES
A disease of unknown cause, occurring primarily in young children and giving rise to a rash, glandular swelling, and sometimes damage to the heart.
- ‘Inflammatory presentations may be the result of allergy, reflux disease or, rarely, neoplasm or Kawasaki disease.’
- ‘The cause of Kawasaki disease is unknown, and consequently there is no diagnostic test.’
- ‘Without treatment, about 1 in 100 children with Kawasaki disease die of heart problems.’
- ‘The authors conclude that acute adenoviral infection and Kawasaki disease share many clinical manifestations, making the diagnosis difficult.’
- ‘Call your doctor if your child has any of the symptoms of Kawasaki disease.’
1960s named after Tomisaku Kawasaki, Japanese physician.
Are You Learning English? Here Are Our Top English Tips