Basic Guidelines For English SpellingsREAD THESE ARTICLES
A dish of pieces of meat, fish, or vegetables roasted or grilled on a skewer or spit.
- ‘It's best used when grilling kabobs, burgers, chops and steaks.’
- ‘Outdoors is a grill from which you can order various flame-grilled meats including kebabs, steaks and meatballs.’
- ‘Important categories of dishes which have a Moghul origin include: pilaf and biriani dishes; kebabs, kormas, and koftas; tandoor dishes; samosas.’
- ‘Pizzas are grilled, and kebabs threaded with bread between the chunks of meat, to soak up their juices as they cook.’
- ‘There is a wide array of culinary choices, including pizza, kebabs, falafel, hamburgers, and Chinese cuisine.’
Late 17th century from Arabic kabāb, partly via Urdu, Persian, and Turkish.
Are You Learning English? Here Are Our Top English Tips