Basic Guidelines For English SpellingsREAD THESE ARTICLES
The excretion of abnormally large amounts of ketone bodies in the urine, characteristic of diabetes mellitus, starvation, or other medical conditions.
- ‘Despite giving himself an increased dose he soon developed hyperglycaemia and ketonuria.’
- ‘Glucose toxicity, which is exhibited as a fasting plasma glucose level greater than 250 mg per dL, and ketonuria, weight loss, or symptomatic hyperglycemia, can be addressed promptly with insulin therapy.’
- ‘This is generally indicated if the patient is clearly unwell, if she has ketonuria, or if her blood glucose concentration is > 20 mmol/l.’
- ‘Baseline assessments of height, weight, blood pressure, urinary specific gravity, and ketonuria were obtained.’
- ‘She had normal thyroid function, ketonuria, and mild diffuse ST-T wave changes.’
Are You Learning English? Here Are Our Top English Tips