Basic Guidelines For English SpellingsREAD THESE ARTICLES
A Middle Eastern dish of ground lamb with bulgar wheat and seasonings, eaten cooked or raw.
- ‘With other Middle Eastern specialties like kibbeh, kofta, and hummus with ground sirloin on offer, the restaurant seems a good bet for further adventures in exotic cuisine.’
- ‘The Lebanese national dish is kibbeh, made of either lamb or beef and cracked wheat (bulghur, or birghol).’
- ‘This is the grain most often used in tabbouleh and kibbeh, two popular Middle Eastern dishes.’
- ‘Many Middle Eastern dishes such as kibbeh are based on the idea of using stuffing.’
- ‘With the oven-baked vegetable kibbeh, apple slices provide crisp counterpoint to the grainy bulghur wheat.’
From Egyptian Arabic kubba ‘ball, lump’.
Are You Learning English? Here Are Our Top English Tips