Basic Guidelines For English SpellingsREAD THESE ARTICLES
A small child.
child, youngster, little one, young one, baby, toddler, infant, boy, girl, young person, minor, juvenile, adolescent, teenager, youth, stripling
- ‘In the immortal words of the Londonderry Air - that's Danny Boy to you, kiddiewinks - the summer's gone and all the flowers are dying.’
- ‘Now then, kiddiewinks, a column about culture (like what you call kulcha) brought about by a collision of towering genius, modern technology, and a product of the modern education system.’
- ‘Mrs Christie, kiddiewinks, was a lady who wrote books that people read for pleasure (imagine that!) because they were all about people killing each other in very strange ways.’
- ‘And, sorry about this kiddiewinks, all but one of these events were more than half a century ago, when your mums and dads weren't even thought of, never mind you.’
- ‘Now then, kiddiewinks, another piece of history from the olden days.’
1950s a familiar extension of kiddie.
Are You Learning English? Here Are Our Top English Tips