Basic Guidelines For English SpellingsREAD THESE ARTICLES
A unit of memory or data equal to 1,024 bytes.
- ‘There are 8 bits in a byte, 1024 bytes in a kilobyte, and 1024 kilobytes in a megabyte.’
- ‘We used to measure data in terms of kilobytes and megabytes; now gigabytes and terabytes are the terms commonly discussed.’
- ‘We used a folder with 893MB of mixed data, with file lengths varying from a few kilobytes to tens of megabytes - 1470 files in all, some in the root directory, some in folders.’
- ‘By convention, when we say, for example, that a PC has 640K of memory, we mean 640 kilobytes, or 655,536 bytes of RAM.’
- ‘The €50 package offers an upload speed of 256 kilobytes per second and a download speed of 1500 Kbps.’
Are You Learning English? Here Are Our Top English Tips