Basic Guidelines For English SpellingsREAD THESE ARTICLES
A unit of explosive power equivalent to 1,000 tons of TNT.
- ‘Hydrogen bombs (H-bombs) promised yields measured in megatons rather than the kilotons of fission bombs.’
- ‘During the past decade, industrial fructan production has increased from 1 kiloton to 100 kilotons annually.’
- ‘Indeed, the conflagration of a single gram of antimatter particles merging with their normal matter siblings would release energy equivalent to about 40 kilotons of TNT, or enough to power nearly 5,000 households for a year.’
- ‘In other words, here is your suitcase bomb: easily man portable, put it in a suitcase or backpack, tens of kilotons of explosive potential, and technology that is 1950s vintage.’
- ‘If this pipeline is built, it has the potential to deliver a devastating blast amounting to the equivalent of some 4 kilotons of TNT.’
Are You Learning English? Here Are Our Top English Tips