Basic Guidelines For English SpellingsREAD THESE ARTICLES
The basic monetary unit of Papua New Guinea, equal to 100 toea.
- ‘The kina plunged to 29.5 US cents in early January, the lowest level in the past two years and close to its all-time low.’
- ‘This month the local currency, the kina, fell to a two-year low of 29 US cents.’
- ‘As part of his budget cuts, the government is expected to remove a 150 million kina educational subsidy that lowered school fees, introduced by the Morauta government in a last-ditch effort to shore up its electoral chances.’
- ‘The PNG Teachers Association has threatened legal action against the Electoral Commission if it does not return the 600,000 kina it ‘borrowed’.’
- ‘Many households in rural areas have cash incomes as low as 50 kina a year.’
An edible sea urchin occurring on New Zealand coasts.
Evechinus chloroticus, class Echinoidea
Are You Learning English? Here Are Our Top English Tips