Basic Guidelines For English SpellingsREAD THESE ARTICLES
A mass of mitochondrial DNA lying close to the nucleus in some flagellate protozoa.
- ‘It is important to see the nucleus and the rod-shaped kinetoplast, a mitochondrial structure containing extranuclear DNA, to diagnose leishmaniasis.’
- ‘The mitochondrial DNA is condensed into a massive body called the kinetoplast.’
- ‘Numerous histiocytes contained small oval organisms with bar-shaped paranuclear kinetoplasts, morphologically consistent with leishmanial parasites.’
- ‘Leishmania species amastigotes are round and exhibit paranuclear bodies (kinetoplasts).’
- ‘We detected antibodies to double-stranded DNA by using the lie method on Crithidia luciliae substrate, and we considered the tests positive when all of the kinetoplast was stained at serum dilutions of 1: 20.’
Are You Learning English? Here Are Our Top English Tips