Basic Guidelines For English SpellingsREAD THESE ARTICLES
A North American society of business and professional people formed to maintain commercial ethics and as a social and charitable organization.
- ‘The company encourages local activism from its employees on many levels, from participation in local groups such as the Kiwanis, Jaycees, and Lions Clubs to involvement in political office.’
- ‘Deborah Hall, a former staff member of Kiwanis, said that in 2002 the centre lost 104 employees out of a total of 264.’
- ‘International fraternal groups such as the Rotary Club, Lions Club, and Kiwanis have a presence in the country.’
- ‘Becoming a member of those tried and true stand-bys like Rotary and Kiwanis are still good places to meet and get involved in community and civic activities.’
- ‘I joined Kiwanis, ran for office in the Jaycees and took power lunches at the Holiday Inn.’
Early 20th century of unknown origin.
Are You Learning English? Here Are Our Top English Tips