Basic Guidelines For Writing In SpanishREAD THIS ARTICLE
A member of the priestly caste, having certain rights and duties in the synagogue.
- ‘The elder of the town, Mattathias, who is a cohen, that is of the priestly class, refuses.’
- ‘Some maintain that Elijah is a kohen, who will serve as the High Priest in the days of the Messiah, in the Third Temple.’
- ‘It includes ritual handwashing of the kohanim by the levites.’
- ‘In fact, the High Priest, whose role it was to preserve peace among the Jews and between God and His children below, was called a kohen.’
- ‘If a cohen raises a boy as his son, the boy will not have the privileges nor the constraints of the priesthood.’
From Hebrew, literally ‘priest’.