Basic Guidelines For English SpellingsREAD THESE ARTICLES
Christian fellowship or communion, with God or, more commonly, with fellow Christians.
- ‘It is important in our time creatively to unfold the essential aim of the church, understood as koinonia.’
- ‘It's a kind of high doctrine of humanity that is the foundation of the notion of koinonia and belonging together.’
- ‘Those who are in koinonia are in fellowship with Christ, the Spirit, one another, and with the work and suffering of the gospel.’
- ‘It is impossible to grow in koinonia with the living God or with others, when our ‘hearts’ are ‘hard’ in this manner.’
- ‘In the Eucharist, Jesus' Spirit unites us with him and the Father in a koinonia that has, following Paul, not only ecclesial but cosmological implications.’
Early 20th century from Greek koinōnia ‘fellowship’.
Are You Learning English? Here Are Our Top English Tips