Basic Guidelines For English SpellingsREAD THESE ARTICLES
A sockeye salmon of a dwarf variety which lives in landlocked lakes in western North America.
- ‘Migrating kokanee salmon experience a comparable elevation in plasma cortisol compared to the levels seen in ocean-run species.’
- ‘It was about fifteen inches long, a healthy length for a mature kokanee, but smaller than its coastal doppelgänger, the sockeye.’
- ‘The sockeye are very similar to kokanee salmon, which do not migrate and spend their entire lives in Redfish Lake.’
- ‘There the eagles wait to swoop down on weakened kokanee salmon.’
- ‘Fishing for kokanee salmon has never been more popular.’
Late 19th century from Shuswap (a Salish language).
Are You Learning English? Here Are Our Top English Tips