Basic Guidelines For English SpellingsREAD THESE ARTICLES
A Slavic dance performed in a circle.
- ‘The popular kolo or circle dance is performed to the accompaniment of the tamburitsa, a traditional mandolin-like stringed instrument.’
- ‘The nijemo kolo is a circle dance performed to foot stamping rather than music.’
- ‘Serbian folk dances are called kolos, and are performed by professional troupes, or by guests at weddings and other special occasions.’
- ‘Bosnian folk dances include the silent kolo (accompanied only by the sound of stomping feet and the clash of silver coins on the women's aprons).’
- ‘On weekends we went to Tetka Dara's to dance the kolo and alternatively at Aunty Tulips we watched Bollywood movies of women in colourful costumes dancing around trees.’
Late 18th century Croatian, literally ‘wheel’.
Are You Learning English? Here Are Our Top English Tips