Basic Guidelines For English SpellingsREAD THESE ARTICLES
A small hill in a generally flat area.
high ground, rising ground, prominence, eminence, elevation, rise, hillock, mound, mount, knoll, hummock, tor, tump, fell, pike, mesa
- ‘The festival began in the bar on top of the koppie, and has been going from strength to strength.’
- ‘One, who was named Musilo, managed to flee to a small kopje or hillock from which he watched the murder.’
- ‘Alas, there seemed to be water towers on red koppies all over the place.’
- ‘Mongooses, hedgehogs and tortoises, live happily at the koppies.’
- ‘The area around the visitors' centre will be planted with indigenous grasses, giving way to the indigenous plants and trees around the top of the koppie, where the cave lies.’
Afrikaans, from Dutch kopje, diminutive of kop ‘head’.
Are You Learning English? Here Are Our Top English Tips