Basic Guidelines For English SpellingsREAD THESE ARTICLES
A West African musical instrument shaped like a lute, with 21 strings passing over a high bridge, and played like a harp.
- ‘Despite opening with a kora, the arrangement stays quite close to the original.’
- ‘North American jazz-derived bands have not shown much fascination with ouds, koras, and tablas.’
- ‘Winners of the Kora awards, named after a West African stringed instrument, received cash prizes and a replica of a kora.’
- ‘Every one of the 13 songs boasts a winning tune and there are subtle surprises everywhere, such as the kora on the glorious Adje Dad.’
- ‘The traditional kora, a stringed calabash instrument, symbolizes the singing poet tradition in the country.’
Late 18th century a local word.
Are You Learning English? Here Are Our Top English Tips