Basic Guidelines For English SpellingsREAD THESE ARTICLES
A kind of strong, smooth brown wrapping paper.
- ‘You can also use this artwork to decorate packages you've wrapped in kraft paper.’
- ‘Chris was a big Cubs fan and he'd draw the Cubs logo on the kraft paper we spread on the work area to keep the counter space clean.’
- ‘The vapor barrier might be tar paper, kraft paper attached to fiberglass batts, or a plastic sheet.’
- ‘To keep sand and dirt from escaping, glue or caulk glass to the frame front, and glue kraft paper to the frame's outside back.’
- ‘For the background, fifth-grade students created five large-scale murals in tempera paint on kraft paper, each measuring 15 feet wide and 8 feet high.’
Early 20th century from Swedish, literally ‘strength’, used to form the term kraftpapper ‘kraft paper’.
Are You Learning English? Here Are Our Top English Tips