Basic Guidelines For Writing In SpanishREAD THIS ARTICLE
1historical The imperial standard of Constantine the Great, which bore Christian symbolic imagery fused with the military symbols of the Roman Empire.
- ‘Also the labarums the Romans have are missing an actual Chi-Rho on the top of the pole and instead they have an eagle.’
- ‘The labarum, like the vexillium, had sometimes fringes with tassels or ribbons.’
- ‘Never was any bearer of this holy labarum injured during fights.’
- ‘The labarum was a purely military flag, and definitely not a flag for the church.’
- 1.1rare A banner or flag bearing symbolic motifs.‘It was not until 1935 that standards and labarums were granted to artillery and engineer regiments.’‘The labarums were all over the place and when the MC called his name the place exploded.’
Early 17th century from late Latin, of unknown origin.