Basic Guidelines For Spanish PronunciationsREAD THIS ARTICLE
An Asian plant of the pea family, which is widely grown in the tropics for its edible seeds and pods and as a fodder crop.
Lablab purpureus, family Leguminosae
- ‘Mid-December to mid-January plantings are generally preferred when growing Koala lablab for grain.’
- ‘I had a go at growing lablab as a green manure crop for my bananas, but they basically hardly grow here at all due to our lack of summer heat.’
- ‘With the excellent nutritive value and palatability of lablab, this forage may be used as a direct browse crop or as hay for supplementation or as an attractant.’
- ‘Lablab is a dual-purpose legume.’
- ‘Supplementing the diet of goats with lablab in many areas has been shown to yield better condition for expecting goats, higher kid birth weights, growth rates, and milk yields.’
Early 19th century from Arabic lablāb.