Basic Guidelines For English SpellingsREAD THESE ARTICLES
A small fly, moth, or sawfly whose larvae burrow between the two surfaces of a leaf.
- ‘They help to repel leaf miner moths and some gardeners even find them effective against grasshoppers.’
- ‘This damage has been caused by the grubs of the azalea leaf miner and usually occurs on indoor plants in autumn and winter.’
- ‘Dark blotches and tunnels in the leaves of beet greens, spinach, and Swiss chard are the work of the spinach leaf miner.’
- ‘It is caused by a pest called the holly leaf miner.’
- ‘If they do experience some stress, the insects that most often appear will be the leaf miner or scale.’
Are You Learning English? Here Are Our Top English Tips