Basic Guidelines For English SpellingsREAD THESE ARTICLES
A condition in which a person suffers from a sense of powerlessness, arising from a traumatic event or persistent failure to succeed. It is thought to be one of the underlying causes of depression.
- ‘But it does demonstrate what damage learned helplessness can do in making people live a life of fear.’
- ‘This list provides a forum for scholarly discussion of learned helplessness and explanatory style.’
- ‘The involvement of opioid system on the learned helplessness model of depression was investigated.’
- ‘Replace these phrases with words that encourage independence and prevent learned helplessness in children.’
- ‘As in life in general, it's hard to break out of a cycle of learned helplessness when it comes to computers.’
Are You Learning English? Here Are Our Top English Tips