Basic Guidelines For English SpellingsREAD THESE ARTICLES
A US military decoration, ranking below the Silver Star and above the Distinguished Flying Cross, awarded for exceptional performance of services to the US.
- ‘Powell received two Purple Hearts, a Bronze Star, a Soldier's Medal and the Legion of Merit.’
- ‘Along the way, he earned the Legion of Merit, the Distinguished Flying Cross and 16 Air Medals.’
- ‘Gordon was awarded the Legion of Merit for his leadership there.’
- ‘His decorations included the U.S. Legion of Merit, as well as several British and French awards for gallantry.’
- ‘The Americans awarded him the Legion of Merit, Degree of Commander.’
Are You Learning English? Here Are Our Top English Tips