Basic Guidelines For Spanish PronunciationsREAD THIS ARTICLE
(of organisms or habitats) inhabiting or situated in still fresh water.
- ‘Bass are found in both lotic and lentic habitats.’
- ‘However, we can conclude that these species are rare in lentic systems throughout the Northeast.’
- ‘Their tadpoles develop mostly in lentic water.’
- ‘The higher occurrence of species found in lentic habitats probably reflects the relative stability, especially in terms of hydrodynamics, of these habitats compared to the small streams and brooks.’
- ‘Rather, we present a Northeast US regional view of coldwater lake fish species distributions, status (in terms of origins and relative rates of occurrence), and descriptions of the types of lentic waters they inhabit.’
1930s from Latin lentus ‘calm, slow’ + -ic.